Cristec 70A Voltage Guard Low Voltage Alarm and Disconnect
LOW VOLTAGE BATTERY ALARM AND AUTOMATIC DISCONNECT FOR 12V OR 24V BATTERY BANKS, PLUS MANY MORE FEATURES.
Protect your batteries against deep discharge, overvoltage, and overload!
Compatible with any 12VDC or 24VDC lead battery types (AGM, gel, Lead-Acid, Calcium, etc.), up to 70A continuous loads, or 140A momentary loads to the DC consumers.
The voltage guard will protect your battery by continuously monitoring and shielding your battery from low voltage, overcharging, and overloaded conditions. The Voltage Guard automatically disconnects DC loads from the battery before it is completely discharged (preventing the damage to the battery) and before it losses so much power that it cannot be used to start the engine, etc. The Voltage Guard re-connects the DC loads to the battery when it senses that voltage has returned.
Voltage Guard features:
- The preferred low-voltage limit is easily and quickly programmed for different battery types, or for disconnect/connect voltages, using the external DIP switches.
- The Voltage Guard system also has an integrated buzzer (which can be enabled or disabled) and LED to advise you that your batteries need attention.
- Integrated alarm and visual 3-color LED status indicator
- Terminal connections for remote visual and audible alarms - for remote status indication on your dash, navigation station, etc.
- Ultra-low current consumption
- Over-voltage protection - protects downstream sensitive electronics from over voltage due to faulty chargers, regulators, or solar installations
- Overload protection - disconnects battery in cases of overload (>70 continuous or >140A for 10 seconds)
- The Voltage Guard works on 12VDC or 24VDC systems automatically - overvoltage settings are also automatic
- Pre-alarm function - Visual and audible warning notification via LED and buzzer that threshold voltage is being approached
- Pre-alarm variable buzzer intervals - buzzer designed to gain attention by buzzing at progressively shorter intervals before reaching the shut-off point
- Delayed disconnect and reconnect - this prevents the Voltage Guard from activating due to temporary voltage sag due to engine starting, inverter power-up, etc.
- Remote switch activation - allows external panel switch or device to activate/deactivate the Voltage Guard for use as a main battery switch
We hear lots of sad stories about expensive batteries at marinas, or moorings, where the battery charger or solar panel failed, which ruined hundreds of dollars worth of batteries (or devices) in a very short period of time. This won't happen to you with a properly configured Voltage Guard.
- Dimensions: 4" x 3.5" x 1.75"
- Rated current (constant) : 70 A
- Maximum current (<10 secs.): 140 A
- Voltage : 12 and 24 VDC
- Voltage range: 8 - 31 VDC
- Consumption : > 2mA (LED off)
- Connection : WAGO Euro screw terminals, and battery cable studs
- Operating temperature : from -10°C to +60
- 12V low voltage adjustment : 9 - 12 VDC
- 12V overvoltage threshold : 15.5 VDC
- 24V low voltage adjustment : 18 - 24 VDC
- 24V overvoltage threshold : 31 VDC
NOTICE: The Voltage Guard should be used for all non-critical loads. Bilge pumps and other critical devices should bypass the Voltage Guard and be connected directly to the battery source.