8lb - 175lb Mantus Anchor - Stainless Steel
The #1 rated anchor among cruising sailors!
Anchor your boat with the industry leader in satisfaction that digs like no other. With a lifetime warranty against damage and manufacturing defects, you can rest assured that your boat is secured with only the best. Ask anyone who has ever used a Mantus and the response is unanimous: why carry any other anchor?
Why is a Mantus anchor better than the rest?
Tip pressure. When an anchor lands on the bottom, it typically lands on its side in a 3-point stance, with the tip (nose), rollbar end, and shank touching the seabed. When lying on its side, the Mantus has more than half of its total weight acting on the piercing tip of the plow. The anchor's geometry forces most of the anchors weight onto the plow tip, which immediately begins to dig. We tested half a dozen other popular plow type anchors, and none of them had more than 1/3rd the weight on the tip, in fact, most landed with more than half the weight on the roll bar edge, which accomplishes nothing, and prevents a proper set.
View our product videos section to see the performance in action!
- Formed out of high quality steel plate. Contains no cast parts.
- Shank and shank boot are welded from top and bottom.
- Shank and roll bar are bolted to the fluke.
- ASTM certified steel bolts are oversized with a large margin to ensure safety.
- Although the shank is attached to the fluke with 4 bolts, a single bolt has sufficient strength to handle the maximum expected load on the anchor.
- Stainless Steel anchors feature a 2205 Duplex shank and 316L stainless steel fluke. The surface is hardened by shot-peening and then electro-polished to provide maximum corrosion resistance.
- Sharp-headed nose is precision machined to achieve the perfect chisel shape to achieve maximum penetrating power.
NOTE: Additional shipping charges apply to this product - you will be contacted with a shipping quotes upon placing your order.