This is our simple and small continuously variable, pulse width modulation(PWM) 12VDC 6A LED dimmer and switch. It will work with any of our LED bulbs to provide flawless dimming. This is not a potentiometer (or resistive) dimmer. It is a 100% digital dimmer with >98% efficiency. This means that when you are at 50% brightness, you are also using just 50% of the energy as well. The rotary knob simply supplies the control signal to the 555-IC based PWM dimmer which controls the dimming through Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). Full dimming from 0% to 100%, with a positive "click" detent to indicate off position. Fits a 3/8" hole, and includes knob and clamp-nut hardware. Easy to wire, and small enough to be used anywhere, from a discrete location, or behind any panel or switchplate (see picture at right). Some customers use this as a replacement switch on dome lights to provide on/off functionality as well as dimming. Can also be used as a DC motor controller for controlling small fans, etc. (up to 72W -- 6A max at 12VDC).
- Supply Voltage - 8 to 20VDC working voltage
- Output Voltage Range - From 0 VDC to supply voltage
- Output Current Range - Up to 8A
- Temp Range -40F (-40C) to 115F (46C)
- DC-DC Conversion Efficiency - About 98% at full rated current, higher at lower current
- Size 2.4" x 1.5" x 1"
- Hole Size - 10mm (3/8")
- Includes - Dimmer, removable knob & lock nut The coverplate (shown at right) is not included
- Super easy to wire, see schematic below: