LED Flare Visual Distress Signal - Never Buy Flares Again!
High Output LED Flare - Visual Distress Light and Flag
$10 Rebate Form - Valid Until January 16, 2018
No more boat flares to buy - A ONE TIME PURCHASE!
This distress light is the first and only LED visual distress signal device that meets USCG requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. Pyrotechnic flares are dangerous and toxic (a single flare can contaminate upwards of 200,000 gallons of water), while laser flares are not approved. Choose the safe, highly visible, and USCG approved LED flare with hours of signaling instead of quickly burned pyrotechnics.
- USCG compliant for “Night Visual Distress Signals” (Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013)
- Microprocessor controlled S-O-S sequence with CREE high-output LED
- Floats with lens-up to optimize both the all-around horizontal and vertical light beams
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- No expiration
- Battery operated (3 C-cell) with smiple twist-on operation
- Can be hand held, tethered, hoisted aloft, or thrown overboard in MOB situations
This replaced my aging flares, which cost about $30 every 42 months. It's brighter, flashes an SOS for 60 hours, and floats. It could be part of your MOB kit as well. It is not approved by the CG for hired boats, only recreational boats.
Beats buying flares all the time