HEAVY DUTY STEP DOWN DC/DC CONVERTER - 13-40V INPUT AND 12VDC OUTPUT
Our heavy-duty range of DC/DC Converters are an economical way to step down DC voltage coming from your batteries. If you currently have a 32VDC or 24VDC system, but you want to power 12VDC radios, appliances, or lighting, then this product is for you.
- RV's & Campers
- Off-grid & Solar
- Heavy Equipment
- VHF, HF and SSB Communications
- Stereos, GPS, Chartplotters, electronics, lighting, etc.
NOT suitable for inductive loads like motors, which have large in-rush currents.
DC/DC Converter Specifications:
- Input Voltage: 13VDC to 40VDC
- Output Voltage: 12VDC (+/-5%)
- Working Temperature: -20°C to +85°C
- Output Power: 240W (20A)/360W (30A)
- Output Current: 20A/30A
- 20A Housing Size: 150 x 100 x 46mm
- 30A Housing Size: 180 x 100 x 46mm
It is a simple in-out black box. You input your fused 13VDC to 40VDC supply to the IN terminals, and the converter outputs 12VDC on the OUT terminals. Now your 32V or 24V boat can have 12V lights or other 12V appliances.
Our heavy-duty converter has the current capacity to support 240W or 360W of total power output.
While some folks refer to this as a step-down transformer, it is absolutely NOT a transformer. The fact is that transformers only work using AC power (thanks to Faraday's law of inductance), and cannot handle variable voltage inputs, so this is actually a Buck Converter. It uses very efficient switch-mode power electronics to step-down the voltage very accurately, independent of input voltage. It is very similar in topology to the constant-current converters we use on all of our LEDs.
- Advanced high-efficiency switch-mode design
- Mounts easily in almost any location
- Over-voltage, over-current, over-temperature, and short-circuit protection
- Reverse polarity protection