Cristec YPower 5th Generation Battery Charger - 5-step charging profile. Replaces the Cristec CPS3 chargers.
The latest generation of battery charging. Available only from Marinebeam.
Now available with an optional remote-mount color touchscreen for reviewing battery status, charge status, and AC and DC voltage, etc.
We went looking for advanced battery chargers, and stopped looking when we found Cristec. As is turns out, Cristec, which has been around since 1983, has been producing advanced battery chargers for the OEM boat builders in Europe (Beneteau, Jeanneau, Wauquiez, etc) for years. The Ypower line, the 5th generation, is the most advanced yet.
These are 12V models, and are available in 16A, 25A, 40A and 60A models - General rule-of-thumb is to size the charger based on your main battery bank size. The charger should be sized so its maximum amperage is approximately 10% of the total Amp/Hour capacity of the battery bank. So, as an example, a 25A charger would be the correct selection for a bank between 200 and 300 Amp/Hours in capacity.
- 1 Enables installation in the living areas
- 2 External AC and DC connectors supplied, only a screwdriver is required
- 3 Automatic Refresh to prevent sulphation and ‘re-Boost’ if battery demand needs it
- 4 AGM, Gel, Vented Wet Cells, Calcium Lead, Spiral Lead, Lithium Ion Iron Phosphate, etc.
- 5 3 independent outputs, each with full current output and built-in ‘no voltage drop’ isolator
- 6 Enables installation in engine room or confined spaces
What makes the Cristec YPower Charger so special:
1. It is completely automatic and autonomous
2. It has 5 advanced charging steps - Boost, Absorbtion, Float, Automatic Refresh (de-sulphate) and Reboost
3. Adaptive Charging: User-Selectable for Lead-Acid, Gel, VRLA, Calcium, Lithium/LiFePO4 (or other custom chemistries - by factory software setting)
4. Three (3) automatic and isolated battery bank outputs included, using MOSFET no -voltage-drop technology
5. CANBUS Interface option (for transfering control and data display to other devices)
6. Stackable and scaleable. Multiple units can be combined to increase output. Great for current-hungry Lithium systems.
7. Completely silent. No cooling fans, buzzing, etc (25A & 40A models)
8. Auto-ranging International power compatibility. 90VAC to 265VAC (single phase 50/60Hz) input, 5 -stage 12V battery charging profile output
9. Can function as an independent AC-DC power supply - can provide full power without any batteries connected, or boost battery power when needed
10. Optional temperature probe to vary charging parameters based on battery compartment temperature (see related product pages below)
11. Optional remote-mount color touchscreen display, provides data on charging, current, stage, voltage (AC/DC), frequency (AC), etc.
See other options below