- 40W LED Remote Controlled Searchlight / Spot Light (DL-RC-40W)
NEW FOR SUMMER 2016
40W LONG-RANGE 12VDC MARINE LED SEARCHLIGHT with wireless dual-speed remote control
Marinebeam's success in developing long-range illuminator spotlights for boats is leveraged in this all new remote-control LED spotlight design for 2016.
This lamp uses 40W of LEDs to create a long-range 6° spotlight pencil beam that has an ANSI FL1 rating of 916 meters. Yes, that's meters, not feet. So, nearly one kilometer of useful light! It has an amazing peak Candela measurement of 210,000 Candela. Because of its amazing long-range capabilities, along with its quality constuction and high-speed pan/tilt axes, this lamp is intended for the professional mariner, or high-end client that is looking for maximum output.
An ANSI FL1 rated beam means that the measurement is not subjective, rather it is a ANSI certified distance. More succinctly, it means that when the output is measured 916 Meters away, it is still illuminating with at least 0.25 Lux at that distance, which is the equivalent to the light of a full moon on a clear night.
To put the 40W of LED output in understandable terms, it means that it is blasting out the equivalent of 400W of incandecent light. So, it is the rough equivalent of 4 sets of car headlamps on high beam, and then focused down to a penetrating 6° beam. This lamp uses 8 special aspheric collimating lenses to collect and direct the light in a pencil type beam, but it also has a nice secondary spill-over beam that provides useful light out to the sides of the vessel for spotting objects in the water, for docking, maneuvering, etc.
If you are looking for a professional-grade long-range lamp with all the features, and with wireless remote control, then this lamp is for you. It is perfect for spotting distant buoys and daymarks, as well as fishing gear, floats, attracting attention, etc.
This professional lamp should not be confused with other low-cost plastic and magnetic base automotive type go-lights on the market. This lamp compares heads-up with the halogen lamps costing $1500 or more, and there are no expensive bulbs to replace!
This lamp has a sealed aluminum inner LED lamp housing, which is designed to protect the LEDs and electronics inside, while offering superior passive cooling, which is critical to LED life. The inner aluminum housing is then shrouded with a second molded ASA resin shell which makes up the lamp's outer casing, as seen in the pictures. The outer shell protects the heat-sink from the sun's rays and acts as a secondary splash shield. This arrangement provides superior case cooling and protection, while also protecting the lamp from salt, spray, corrosion, and water intrusion.
As always, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed by Marinebeam. If, within the first 30 days, you don't love it, we'll buy it back.
What features are unique to this searchlight?
- 8 high-power American-made XPG-2 CREE 5W LED emitters - for 40W total
- 8 precision molded aspheric lenses which collimate the light into a perfect beam with infinite focal length
- 360° continuous and unlimited rotation - no hard stops or reversing required
- High quality dual-speed rapid-motion Pan/Tilt motors - Extremely useful in real-world situations
- Hi/Lo selectable rotation and tilt speeds (via remote) - 22° per second (Hi) and 12° per second (Lo) Pan
- A very wide range 125° tilt (up/down)
- Wireless rolling code learning remote control - Handheld or Dashmount keypad options (or both)
- Each lamp can take commands from up to 4 wireless remotes
- IP-68 Compliant
- Aluminum heat-sink LED housing - important for long life, and not found in similar spotlights
- UV and Salt Resistant non-corrosive ASA plastic resin housing - Corrosion-free outer shell
- Reliable wireless range of up to 200 feet
- Heavy-Duty non-magnetic permanent mounting base (5.25" x 5.25")
- Ultra-thick urethane non-marking sealing gasket included - SS 8mm x 35mm thru-bolt hardware and backing washers included
- FCC and CE approved
- 40W - 8 x CREE XPG2 5W LEDs
- Low 3.2A Max draw (12VDC)
- 210,000 Peak Candela
- ANSI FL1 Beam Distance of 916 Meters (3,005 feet)
- 4,000 Lumens
- 6° long-range spot beam
- 5,000°K nominal color temperature
- 433.92 MHz RF remote control - FCC Part 15 compliant
- Remote Control uses two (2) type 23A batteries
- 12VDC (11-15VDC) - to be hard wired to boat's fused 12VDC circuit
- 4mm insulated bullet terminal connectors pre-fit to lamp's wiring (mating terminals supplied by customer)
- Weight: 4.2 Lbs.
- Dimensions: 149 x 181.5 x 169mm
What is included?
This remote LED searchlight package includes the LED Searchlight complete, along with one (1) handheld wireless remote-control (batteries included). A dash-mounted wireless remote control is optional, as are additional handheld remotes for an additional charge, up to 4 remotes possible per lamp.